Instruments: piano, keyboards and guitars. Vocalist.
Simon was born in York on June 25th 1965 and went to Nunthorpe Grammar School. He played his first gig when he was just sixteen and has never stopped since! From a classical music upbringing, Simon soon discovered his love of earthy blues-rock, whilst acquiring a taste for soul and gospel music. Progressive rock, with all its idiosyncrasies and technicality, grabbed him early on, but he still maintained a more than healthy interest in the classical field. Simon also loves ambient music with its ability to display musical emotions and atmospheres.
Simon was the Musical Director of the multi-award-winning York Philharmonic Male Voice Choir as well as its tenor soloist. Over the years he has worked (both in the studio and live) with Snowy White, Mica Paris, Ash, Robin Gibb and Alistair Griffin, to name but a few … (the rest he can’t remember, but he imagines it was fun!).
- The truth (the hurt always dissipates!)
- Good music (if it’s good, it’s good! Sometimes, as with Mandalaband, it’s sublime!)
- Cooking (all musos are would-be chef's – except David apparently – but without the tantrums)
- Friends and a cold beer/good wine
- Haven't got time for negativity.